Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Papers Are Submitted!

Finally! After the count down coming to an end, my papers are officially submitted! It is all thanks to my Savior and Heavenly Father because with out them I would have had the change of heart that lead me to my mission. I just wanted to post a short observation I noticed and I think will help me make better decisions in the the future. When you get interviewed for your mission the Stake President asks the same questions that he asks for temple recommends. The Spirit was so strong! So here is just a couple of things that I noticed during my interview the President Rolfe:

-    When President Rolfe said an opening prayer for the meeting I was instantly comforted, calmed and reassured that I was exactly where I was suppose to be. I could not get the huge smile off my face after he said that prayer. The Spirit took my breath away.
-    The fact that I could say "Yes" to his question "Do you obey the Word of Wisdom?" almost brought me to tears. The Word of Wisdom is a constant battle for me and to able to say "For now I am conqueror" was an amazing feeling. I felt like my heart was going to pop it was filled with so much joy.
-    The next question he asked was "Are you obeying the Law of Chastity?". The feeling that I could say yes with no doubt in my mind and no guilt because I have never broken it is indescribable. Even when I felt like I couldn't take it anymore I showed Satan who's boss on that commandment and it felt great to acknowledge that!
-    The opportunity I got to look back on these past 3 years and all of my life's challenges I have had to overcome made me grateful for my trials. Yeah, I probably would have served a mission anyways if I hadn't made the mistakes I have but because of those mistakes I can look the people I am teaching straight in the eye and say "I know following Christ is going to be hardest thing you will ever do but He will make it worth your while. He has never let me down and I know He won't leave you behind either."
-   Because of how I feel about my Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father, I can not deny that this gospel is true. When I said "I have faith in my Savior Jesus Christ and God the Eternal Father" my heart started to patter and my eyes swelled up with tears. My body grew warm and I could feel my face turning red. The relationship I have with Jesus and God is the most precious and beautiful thing in my life. I feel their love as I obey the commandments and learn love through action. This process and journey has truly been the greatest blessing. I hope I can constantly feel what I felt today for the rest of my life!

Thank you to all of you who read my blog and have loved me through my bad times and during my good. I could not be the woman I am with out the blessing of having you in my life. Until next post!
XOXO, Madison

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you and the great interview you had! You'll be an incredible missionary!! All you've been through will just help you as you teach others & help them prepare for baptism (as you already know!) :)

    ReplyDelete