Monday, July 7, 2014

Last Week in Transfer #2

  Honestly... What the heck with the time going by so fast?! I can hardly believe it and getting all your emails from home. Everyone is growing up, moving on and changing the world! I love it! Please don't be afraid to tell me about your life or anything you need help with. Even though I'm in UT I can still pray and fast for you! Shoot me an email!

   I love these people so much and it's so bad for my health but soooo good for my soul! Last night we visited the Duarte family and me and Hermana missed them so much. We helped Hermana Duarte cook and just talked with them. Sometimes missionaries forget that they are teaching people and not just lessons. The other day we found a family that asked us to teach them and when we could come back on the FIRST visit. They just barely moved from Las Vegas and I know that it wasn't a coincidence. Then we had a baptism on Sunday for this little girl we have been teaching with her less active mom. She had to be baptized 4 times because no one told the ward before that our baptism was after theirs. I was about to fight somebody. She was shivering because the water was so cold and she had to do it 4 times! I was so frustrated... You just love these people so much you want the very best experiences for them. I tell every single family we are teaching that I will come back for them after my mission. They are just so close to my heart and a part of my soul.

   I have so much gratitude for my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. This really is their gospel and it changes lives. On Tuesday we were teaching Lucia about the Plan of Salvation and how she has a purpose in this life. We got to the Atonement of Jesus Christ and seriously... So powerful. My favorite part about teaching is when I look into someone's eyes and tell them this gospel is true because I know it to be for myself. I looked into her eyes and I told her "Lucy, your Savior Jesus Christ loves you." BOOM. In that moment you could see I light bulb go off in her head. One thing that she said that will always be in heart was after she said "It's crazy to me that a person can love me that much."

   Guys, this is why we are serving our missions. This is why we need to share our beliefs with others. This is why as members of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints we are examples. Through us people can know their Savior Jesus Christ and the power that He can bring into their lives. This is a gospel that when applied into our lives we have light and knowledge to help be the best that we can be. It is through he Savior that we can "be perfected" (Moroni 10:35). We find ourselves when we loose ourselves in Christ. I know with out a doubt that this gospel true and it is His. This gospel... I can't help but smile when I'm sharing the peace it brings to the soul. I love you all so very much and hope that this letter was what you needed to hear! Until next P.Day!

Hermana Ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment