Monday, August 18, 2014

I Was in the Principal's Office

Hola hola hola mis amados amigos y familia! Cómo están? Espero qué todo esta bien y Dios les bendiga

I have so much to write about this week but I don't even know where to start.. A mission has its way of exploiting your flaws... But in a good way. If that makes sense? So I'm going to tell you all about my experience that I have had this week and how my mission is constantly changing me to become more like my Savior so that you can take from it what you need and learn from my experience.!

So this past week has been pretty good actually! We have been having a lot of meetings and stuff to where we are not teaching as much and we are things get to know the ward a little better so that they want to come out with us. Over all our numbers are not very good but we are trying to work as hard as we can. So that part of the mission is going pretty good. It can always be better but sometimes areas pass through a time where it slows down a little and you have to look for new people. That's where we are.

Now what was really interesting is what actually happened in the companionship this week. So I got got chastened by my mission president really bad... Hahaha. This week I've been trying my hardest to get right up at 6:25 and go out running in our could-sack because I always feel great after I run and exercise... Who knew that God actually gave me mission rules to feel better 😜 so anyways I'm not perfect and I didn't always go running sometimes you're so tired you crawl out of bed and fall asleep while doing push-ups.. Poco a poco... Hahaha it's something I am constantly repenting for. But... I kept having the prompting that I should be really careful with my companion about the phone and her iPad. I kept thinking nah... You just heard some things and you're not even giving her a chance. You're not perfect or follow the rules to exactness you'll be a hypocrite. Finally, Saturday night I told my district leader all that was happening with my companion and well.. Him and the Sister Training Leaders decided to tell President. Sunday morning comes around and we get a call from president and he comes and finds us. I was the first one he wanted to talk to. Oh my goodness... Best interview of my life! And let me tell you why..

I got chastised so bad. He made me tell him all that was happening and then he told me that next time I shouldn't act like a high schooler thinking that I'd be a snitch for telling on her. Then he told me he was disappointed because he gave me this companion to be a leader and that I was acting, literally he said, I was acting like a wimp. Hahaha. He reminds me so much of grandpa and dad. It made me think of all those times I wanted to give up or be lazy or complain. Dad or mom would always say "You're not a wimp are ya?" or "Ritters aren't wimps!" He told me he knows that I have so much more. One other thing he said was that my personality can be so dangerous if I am not on the Lord's side. It's ok to be confident and stubborn as long as we are doing it in the Lords way hahaha. I love my mission president so much!

I learned that we cannot help one another if we do not say anything and stand there in silence. There is no way. Hermana Sosa has decided to end her mission a little earlier than planned... I can't help but think that if I would've said something that I was promoted to maybe it would've have changed her mind. When we are bold and loving and listen to e spirit we can't go wrong and I forgot that. I forgot that I have and always will be a leader. Heavenly Father has always put me in those situations and given me those opportunities. Sometimes we just forget who we are and it's through these kind of experiences, like the one I had, that Heavenly Father calls it to our remembrance.

Guys, nobody is perfect and we are all here to learn. There is this video on Mormon.org that is called The Will of God. Watch it. I put it in is email below. It talks about how God chastens us because He loves us and wants us to grow. He knows what is best for us and how we can achieve it. By constantly striving for the corrections of Heavenly Father we can become like Him and His Son Jesus Christ. There is a scripture in Proverbs that says:

11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:
12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
Proverbs 3:11-13

I am so grateful for my mission and the opportunity I have to grow from it. I testify of correction. It is the only way we can become like our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ. I testify that through trials and chastening we not only come to know God and His Son but the plan he has for us. I am so grateful They have given me the opportunity to repent and move forward everyday. They live and there is not a doubt in my heart that this is true. This is their church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, on the earth once again restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. I am learning so much about life, the gospel and myself. For anyone who is debating whether or not to go on a mission... GO! But allow it to change you. I love you all and hope that you have a fantastic week!

Hermana Ritter

The Will of God
God uses love-inspired correction to guide us to a future we do not or cannot now envision but which He knows is the better way for us.

So we totally had dinner with some Americans and well... They asked us
what we wanted for dinner and mentioned a Dutch oven... Ahhh! Made me
miss Nana and Poppy and camping! They made peach and berry cobbler!




This is Marlene Amaya! One of the craziest people and funniest people
I have ever met! She's really kind and was inactive for a really time.
She served a mission too! Yesterday she final,y got her temple
recommend after 10 years! She was so happy! I love her...




That awkward moment when your district leader calls for numbers and
you're already in your PJs so you put on coat because you're too lazy
to change hahaha. And it's the middle of summer so you're not fooling
anyone...



Lucia is finally baptized! Yayyy! Love this family soooo much!





No comments:

Post a Comment