Monday, September 8, 2014

6 months!

Hola familia y amigos! Como están? 😁
Can I just say how crazy it is that in a year I'll be going home?! I
can't believe how fast the time has gone. I woke up yesterday thinking
it was Friday!

Well, the area is picking back up and we are working with a lot of
people! We have Anita, Patricia's daughter, who has a baptismal date
for September 27 and then we found a new investigator and put him on a
date for October 11! We are seeing miracles in this area and it's
because we are trying our best everyday! I feel so blessed to be
serving in this area with the members, my companion and the people we
visit!

The other day I was reading in Ruth and it really touched my heart. In
Ruth 3:10-11 it reads:

10 And he said, Blessed be thou of the Lord, my daughter: for thou
hast shewed more kindness in the latter end than at the beginning,
inasmuch as thou followedst not young men, whether poor or rich.

11 And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou
requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a
virtuous woman.

By now all of her family has died besides her mother in law, Naomi.
Her sister in law has already left and found another life but Ruth
tells Naomi she will never leave her side. The reason why everyone in
the town knows Ruth as a "virtuous woman" is because of her works and
who she is. She trusts in The Lord and has true charity. That's what
kind of woman I want to be when I leave a year from now and I know
that if I loose myself in the work I will find her.

I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be serving the
children of God. In these 6 months, I have come to know and love my
Savior more than I ever thought possible. Using the Atonement everyday
has helped me to council with Him in every step along the way and do
His work the way He would want. Doing His will has become the most
important thing in my life. I have never been as happy as I am now and
I owe it all to my Heavenly Father. I know that they live and love us.
They called Joseph Smith to RESTORE their church once again on the
earth and the Book of Mormon is evidence for all of the above. I love
this gospel so much and my mission for strengthening my testimony of
these things. It has truly changed my life.

Love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
Hermana Ritter




No comments:

Post a Comment