Monday, September 22, 2014

Long time no email!

Well actually.. I just didn't send one last time... My bad! Sometimes
you just get so caught in doing things that you forget you actually
have a family at home..

This week was super duper fun! We taught a lot and had some really
good lessons. Updates on Francisco Benavidas: he is doing really good
and has such a desire to learn. He used to be in the military and has
so much knowledge of the world. He tells us all these stories about
how he used to serve in the Middle East and how much he learned from
the different religions. His stories are so beautiful! We had a church
tour with him where we come on a weekday to the church and show him
around teaching the purpose of each room. My favorite was when we
taught him in the sacrament room and how important repentance is.
Updates on Anita: She is golden! Today we are going over at 5 to go
over baptismal interview questions. Last week we went over to get her
baptismal program ready and she already had everyone picked out in her
little folder she made for all her church stuff! She is so ready!

We were at the temple so much too! Last Saturday we went to do
baptisms for the dead with Marlene and then she wanted to do the
endowments for her dad this Saturday. We got there right when she told
us to and then we waited for her... And waited... And waited! An hour
later she texts us saying she couldn't go because she has a headache.
And we are all the way in temple square! So me, Mena and Alegria did
an endowment session just us girls and then went to go get something
to eat since our ride wouldn't be there til forever! Then we went to
the re-dedication of the Ogden temple Sunday and seriously... Life
changing! Even though the first one I was kinda dozing off the second
one was really good! My favorite part was before when they played
tabernacle choir and showed the celestial room! Patricia Cortès came
and sat next to me. It was so awesome to see her there and listening
so well. Her sister in law and her niece also came but it was
different for them... The whole time the mom was fidgeting and not
really paying attention, braiding her daughter's hair and talking...
It made me think... A lot of our less actives always talk about how
they want to go through the temple but yet they don't come to church.
They aren't keeping the covenants they have already made and they want
to make more that requires more? The temples are so beautiful but the
covenants we make are far more stunning than any chandelier or
painting. Don't they know that the beauty of the temple is only a
reflection of the promises we make inside?

The reason why I mention that is because my mission has really changed
how I view covenants. To me covenants should be your #1 priority in
your life and when you understand the importance of them, you begin
understand how much love your Heavenly Father has for you. It took
Patty 18 years to finally except the gospel but when she did she knew
that she was making a promise with her Savior and all that accompanies
it and to follow Him for the rest of her life. Do we know the weight
of our covenants and the blessings that come from them? Do we know
what we are and have promised when we decide to be baptized? Are you
living up to your covenants? Are you thinking of those covenants when
you take the sacrament? Is a recommend just a ticket to see the
mysteries inside a Latter-day Saint temple?

I remember my first time through the temple and how much I felt like a
princess. It wasn't because I was sitting in a room made for one but
because the covenants I had made that day were with my Father in
Heaven the King of all the Universe and The Prince of Peace, My Savior
Jesus Christ. I testify of covenants and that through them we can
progress in this life and through the eternities. We can be perfected
and sit down as Priests and Priestesses with our Redeemer Jesus Christ
and loving Heavenly Father. I know They live and this is Their gospel.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's kingdom
restored to the earth. I testify of temple and that they are the only
way our families can be together forever. I love each and everyone of
you and hope you have a fantastic week!

Hermana Ritter





No comments:

Post a Comment