Thursday, September 19, 2013

Christ Like Reaction


It seems as though when we are having difficult and challenging times we remember our Savior a little more than we usually do. To me that is a testimony that trials are for our own good and have an actual purpose. For the past 3 days I have been down and having a hard time learning how to look at someone through my Savior's  eyes. Shame on me. Naturally I turned to the scriptures for answers on how to better this skill to which I do not have. After doing a little research I came to this spiritual hypothesis. If we react the way our Savior Jesus Christ would the result may, or may not, be freeing for the subject being forgiven but for the donor of the forgiveness. How awesome would it be when the person who hurt you finally decided to say "sorry" and you can say "dude I forgave you a long time ago. It's time we BOTH move on." Here is some of the resources I used for my hypothesis. Maybe it can help you formulate yours?

- I went on to www.lds.org and looked up forgiveness. This website is a great resource for things spiritual and can answer any question you may have. I found this talk given by a past President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. When you have time watch it! It will change your whole perspective.

I pulled out my scriptures and looked up the in the index "forgiveness". Make sure you spell it right or else you can't find it.. forgiveness is not spelled "firgiveness".. Just saying ;). I came across this scripture in Doctrine and Covenants. (For those of you who don't know what the Doctrine and Covenants is: just like Matthew and John wrote down their commandments given to them by God, so did Joseph Smith making it scripture). The scripture I found was in Doctrine and Covenants 64:9-10 and it reads " 9 Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin. 10 I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men."

- I sat there and I listened to the Spirit. Not kidding I sat there, zoned out and focused on what I was feeling and thinking. (P.S always do this! It helps so much when you are receiving inspiration!)

With these three steps I took to find out how I needed to react when someone hurt my feelings, was being mean to me or bringing down I came to one conclusion. React the way Jesus would. Whenever someone is not being so nice I need to first not judge them. The phrase "that's between you and God yo!" came into my head. I guess that's the spirit saying to chill out and let them make their decisions. Second, don't expect them to apologize. It will be a nice surprise when they do in the future. Lastly, let it go and simply love them. I know it is easier said then done. You don't have to necessarily get along with them or like them. Love them the way the Savior would.

Just a thought... xoxo Madison 

No comments:

Post a Comment